SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Figure Skating Meets Roller Derby

Thursday, January 23, 2014

We have been thoroughly enjoying our first New Zealand summer. The kids have been off school for over a month and, yet again, I find myself thrilled with the decision not to homeschool.

I am looking forward to sharing about some our adventures - but first, I wanted to jump back a few weeks with a couple roller derby updates.

Our last training of the year was a family affair. One of our lovely Steamrollers is a teacher at Max and Maggie's primary school. Her student (9 year old member of the Rotorua Roller Skating Club) "schooled" us in the art of figure skating. We were bad. It was fun.

It was also the night that I passed the written portion of my WFTDA skills test (yes, there is actually a written test for roller derby) and became an official member of the Sulphur City Steam Rollers. Hip hip hooray... ice cream at McDonald's to celebrate.















No comments :

Post a Comment