SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Lemonade : Humble beginnings

Thursday, July 31, 2014

My kids often remind me of the truth in the proverb From humble beginnings come great things.
Children are (by nature) humble beginnings. They have a low position in society in the early years or stages of life... don't be fooled, they are capable of great things.

Because of their naivety, my kids are more winsome and hopeful than I will ever be. Their acts of service are less tainted by ulterior motivations. They take risks with little hesitation and ask for help with lots of confidence.

A few weeks ago when I was watching a Living Water International video my eight year old son was moved with compassion and decided to pick the lemons off our tree and set up a stand to raise some money. You can read the full story here.

These optimistic little lemon squeezers want to raise fifteen thousand dollars to build a well in Kenya. It is an absurd idea... but not completely out of the realm of possibility.

I assumed that this would be a short lived endeavour, but over the next several weeks the vision for helping kids like Lucy grew and others were inspired to be a part of the story.

These are a few photos that I love, from the humble beginning of our wintertime lemonade stand. Please note Maggie's face whilst drinking lemonade behind the table. The recipe has improved significantly from the early days.

No comments :

Post a Comment