SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Writing

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Shortly after we unpacked our boxes in Nashville, I knew it was time to start looking for a councilor. I got a solid recommendation and found someone that I love. On and off (over the past ten years) counseling has played a significant role in my life. It helps me initiate more productive internal conversations, gives me a sounding board when I exhaust my husbands patience, and generally makes me a healthier and happier person.

A wide variety of 'issues" have been on the table these past few months, but one thing that keeps surfacing is my hope to start writing and snapping photos again. I leave most counseling sessions with a strong conviction to make time for writing - and return two weeks later with lots of reasons why I didn't.

The process of recording the "noted moments" in our life, has been an invaluable tool for me. It helps me keep track of the small things that I am thankful for - the things that slip away if I don't acknowledge them. Assigning value to these (often overlooked) moments, brings me joy when life feels heavy. I wish that I had written every day when my dad way dying. There was so much beauty tied up in the sadness. It all seem a bit hazy now.

We are heading out of town for a few weeks... but I hope to be back in this space more often in the coming months.

No comments :

Post a Comment