SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Noteworthy - The Lone Bellow

Friday, March 7, 2014

On my solo road trip to Gisborne, I was in complete control of the radio... it was glorious. I found myself driving along the Waioeka River pounding the steering wheel in rhythmic agreement with the my favorite trio... The Lone Bellow.

The only thing I love more than their music is the story behind it (which you can read in full on the "about" section of their website). "The native Georgian first came to songwriting via near tragedy... Two years ago, following a soul-searching trip he’d taken with his wife, Williams re-emerged with a stack of deeply personal songs -- tender but frank tales of romantic rupture and hard-fought redemption -- rooted in the country, folk and gospel of his Southern youth..."

In this day and age, you would be hard pressed to find a more heartfelt and believable album... but don't take my word for it - have a look and listen.



Read more about "noteworthy".

 

No comments :

Post a Comment