SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Tea time... one bowl, no butter

Monday, March 10, 2014

In New Zealand we have morning and afternoon "tea"... which basically means that my kids expect higher quality snacks on a more regular basis. Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines haven't made there way to this side of the world so people actually make cake, brownies and muffins from scratch... all the time!

I enjoy baking and am thankful to have the time to do it... but I have two pet peeves - clean up and melting butter. No surprise on the clean up part... I don't really know what my deal is with butter. In this country we don't have nice soft margarine sticks that are labeled with the proper English measurements. The butter is a hard block labeled in grams... and I just can't be bothered with it.

So I have been strategically hunting down one bowl recipes that don't call for butter. Here are two of my favorites that can be mixed up and in the oven, quick as a wink. Easy blueberry muffins and One bowl chocolate cake on the chocolate cake I use a very basic powdered sugar icing (I never measure, just guess and test).

I was inspired by the blue and purple cupcake holders in my multi-pack and decided to whip up a little post training snack for the Sulphur City Steam Rollers. Go team!

Read more about "ritual & routine".

No comments :

Post a Comment