SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

America with George * Austin, Texas * A knight in shining armor

Monday, June 30, 2014

For the next few weeks I am going to be using this space to communicate with my kids, 
please excuse the change of tone and content. George is Jude's stuffed dragon.

You guys are not going to believe it! I met a real life knight in Austin, Texas... his name was Ford and he didn't chop my head off. He was actually really friendly. He had a book about a dragon and a knight that become friends and started a BBQ restaurant together.

Fords brother's name is Wright and he was named after The Wright brothers. Do you know who the Wright brother are? They were a pair of brothers who invented and built the first airplane. We exchanged flying tips.


More animal news... they have deer that just chill out on the lawn in their neighborhood. Awesome.




Like I said earlier, Ford is a friendly knight. Over breakfast I asked him to tell me the names of his friends and he said
"I can't... we would be here all night."


Mom lived with Ford and Wrights mom when they were in college at Texas A&M University. She is a pretty smart lady... who studied and became an aerospace engineer (a rocket scientist). One time mom sewed a parachute for her rocket.

She was also an awesome Young Life leader (in Navasota, Texas with mom), a fun prankster and really great friend... and now she is a super hero mom who likes Junie B. Jones.

No comments :

Post a Comment