SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Motley Crew Skater Bio

Friday, June 6, 2014


 
How did you come to be a 'derby girl?'
"I have always secretly dreamed of being a derby girl. But as mom of four, I (quite foolishly) assumed that my derby days were long gone. When we moved to New Zealand in July, I had lots of newly acquired free time and was looking for an extracurricular activity. The opportunity literally came knocking, when my neighbor came over and invited me to the Sulphur City Steam Rollers Freshmeat intake meeting."
 
What do you love about derby?
"I love being a part of a sport that wildly supports women of all shapes, sizes and walks of life. We have such a fun and diverse group of ladies who all play critical roles on the team. For me, the best part of roller derby is feeling healthy and strong."
 
How did you get your derby name?
"My derby name (Fearless Fitz) is a mashup of my maiden name and my desire to live this life a bit more fearlessly."

No comments :

Post a Comment