SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Pre-game nails and a letter to the Corinthians

Friday, June 6, 2014

Tomorrow is my first official roller derby bout... and I am a little bit anxious. The Sulphur City Steamrollers have an incredibly visionary leader who has done an amazing job with the event promotion, fundraising and marketing... and tomorrow we will be playing for a completely full house. There will be lights, costumes, disco balls, loud music, an air guitar competition... and a little bit of roller derby.

Earlier this week I was kindly gifted a pack of pink leopard stripped stickers for my nails. So this evening after training I turned on some music and did my best to awkwardly apply them. I haven't done my nails with any success... EVER. But these seemed pretty simple, and they didn't require nail polish remover or dry time - so I gave it a go. 

Sometimes I meditate on a few verses when I am overwhelmed or nervous about something. But this evening the only verse that came to mind (over and over again) was 1 Corinthians 2:9 No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him

I am probably taking this out of context a bit, for the purposes of roller derby. But MY MIND COULD NOT HAVE POSSIBLY CONCEIVED THIS SCENARIO... doing my nails... the night before a roller derby bout... in New Zealand!

This evening I am thankful for life's glorious surprises and pink leopard stick-on nails... who would have guessed?

No comments :

Post a Comment