SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Sulphur City Sisters

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

In the 18 months we lived in New Zealand I became very attached to these ladies. They helped me become a legitimate derby girl and slammed their way right into my heart.

After "skate the runway" we went to a pub for some "going away" drinks. They had an incredibly thoughtful gift picked out for me... a beautiful greenstone pendant with a hot pink thread woven into the necklace. In New Zealand greenstone (nephrite jade) plays an important role in Māori culture. It is considered a treasure with spiritual significance. I love it.
 
These women impressed me at every turn and made my unexpected roller derby adventure an absolute pleasure. I miss them heaps.






No comments :

Post a Comment